Somerset Things to Do Tips by Travmad
Somerset Things to Do: 4 reviews and 8 photos
This weekend event is always held the second weekend in January around the centre square in Somerset. With the often freezing temps there are ice sculptures along the city streets with wood fires to warm up as you take in the beauty of it all. Feeling a bit peckish well no probs, venders are on hand with local food and drink to satisfy those pangs.
Address: Centre square.
It has been a while since I've been to this event. There are crafts people doing period work showing how it used to be done. Sort of pioneering days stuff. It is rich in heritage and history of northern Appalachia which does differ a bit from the souther blend. It's good for a day trip as well as a weekend. There are many other places to visit in the area while you are here.
Directions: North on route 985 just a few miles from route 219 in Somerset. Check the web site
Hidden valley resort is short drive in route 31west out of Somerset. It offers skiing vacation homes, entertainment. Please visit their website for more info.
7 springs map
Seven springs is a mountain resort that has far more than skiing in winter. There are activities abound throughout the year. As well as several tasty eating establishments a fine hotel and many different condos for rent at the resort. Visiting their website can give a wealth of info and updates.
More Reviews (3)
Travmad's Related Pages
Somerset Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Somerset - and the Newest Monument to Flight 93"
- "Basaic Somerset Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Somerset
- Hotels in Somerset
- Restaurants in Somerset
- Shopping in Somerset
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Somerset
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Somerset?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Somerset
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johnstown Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Somerset Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Gettysburg Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Fryeburg 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos