"Cumberland on the change" Cumberland by Travmad
Cumberland Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 60 photos
Cumberland seems to be on a come back of sorts. As a place of merging commerce in it's hayday with train s coming out of Baltimore and DC to the west as well as the C&O canal it was a thriving city. As with mosts things there is change and while there was a long lull. It now seems as though there is some revitalization in the city with the C&O canal cyling trail meeting with the Allegheny Passage trail right in downtown Cumberland. With this there has been a a spruce up of shops and a pedestrian area of the downtown to accommodate future tourists.
- Pros:Good place to stop on the Cycling trail.
- Cons:Not many locals are knowageable about the trails.
- In a nutshell:Where trails Meet
Travmad's Related Pages
Cumberland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cumberland Maryland"
- "Cumberland on the change"
- "Gateway to the Alleghenies"
- "Cumberland, Maryland"
- "Queen City"
- "Far West in Maryland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumberland
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cumberland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumberland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johnstown Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Somerset Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Gettysburg Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Fryeburg 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Cumberland hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Cumberland Downtown
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013