"YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN PENNSYLVANIA!" Pennsylvania by Travmad
Pennsylvania Travel Guide: 6,558 reviews and 15,392 photos
Being the central and center of the original thirteen colonies of the United States of America, Pennsylvania was at the core of giving birth to a new nation. Founded by Englishman William Penn from a land grant given to him by the King James II of England as payment of a debt owed to his dead father. Penn born to an Anglican father joined the Society of Friends otherwise known as Quakers. My wife and I had a self union, Quaker marriage,for our ceremony. Pennsylvania is the only state that still has his form of marriage. (Thankfully) The commonwealth was founded on religious freedom centering around Philadelphia, which is a fantastic city to visit if you have the chance.
Some web sites to visit are:
Pennsylvania's state park system is one of the better in the US if not the world. Working with little money the park service is geared toward giving people of teh commonwealth nice spaces to get away for camping, picnicking, hunting, fiahing or just generally being outdoors in a nice environment. If you interested in visiting a Pa. State park or the national forest have a look at these web sites.
http://www.visitpa.com/visitpa/home.pa < --- Great site!
- Pros:Good place to live and visit, history, parks, friendly, Good Governer.
- Cons:Cold winters
- In a nutshell:Give it a chance you'll like what you find.
While driving by on route 40 towards Uniontown Pa. in the southwest of the state we stumbled upon Fort necessity... more travel advice
Travmad's Related Pages
Pennsylvania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PENNSYLVANIA - HISTORY AMONGST RURAL SPLENDOUR"
- "Our Favorite Neighbor"
- "Welcome to Pennsylvania!"
- "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"
- "Basaic Pennsylvania Page"
- "Welcome to PENNSYLVANIA"
- "LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pennsylvania
- Hotels in Pennsylvania
- Transportation in Pennsylvania
- Nightlife in Pennsylvania
- Restaurants in Pennsylvania
- Shopping in Pennsylvania
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsylvania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pennsylvania
- 58 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 73 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pennsylvania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsylvania
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Guess how many guns have been..."
- Wrote a Review More hidden History in Pennsylvania Things to Do
- Commented on one of Dabs's Pennsylvania travel pages
- updated a Pennsylvania Travel Page "YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN PENNSYLVANIA!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN PENNSYLVANIA!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johnstown Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Somerset Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Gettysburg Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Fryeburg 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Top Pennsylvania hotels
- Marshalls Creek Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- Pittsburgh Hotels
- 759 Reviews - 1858 Photos
- Bensalem Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Erie Hotels
- 104 Reviews - 209 Photos
- Cherry Hill Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Bushkill Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Lake Harmony Hotels
- 1 Review
- Lancaster Hotels
- 253 Reviews - 342 Photos
- Mill Run (Fallingwater) Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Hershey Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Hawley Hotels
- 1 Review - 7 Photos
- Mount Pocono Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Gettysburg Hotels
- 409 Reviews - 913 Photos
- Harrisburg Hotels
- 107 Reviews - 225 Photos