"The Queen City of the South" Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island by namiewa
Cebu Island Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 433 photos
The capital of Cebu island is Cebu City. Cebu City is the first Spanish settlement in the country and the oldest city in the country.
In the beginning of the 16th century the Spaniards arrived in the southern part of the Philippines. Since then Cebu City has been the center of trade and commerce in the southern part of the Philippines.
In the urban area of Cebu City there is an important seaport and the nation's second largest airport is located on Mactan Island, near to Cebu City. It makes clear that Cebu city is the economic heart of the southern part of the country. Modern industries, owned by foreign investors as well as local industries, brought a lot of employment. For tourists the island Cebu, its capital Cebu City and the nearby smaller islands have a lot of attractions. Many things to do and to see.
you can see the city of Cebu from the top of the temple. From there ride a taxi (if you are renting a car that would be nice but if your just riding taxi. You can ask the driver to wait you) going to Fort San Pedro, which was the first Spanish fort in the Philippines built to keep pirates away. Its also the regional quarters base of the Philippine National Museum. From there walk to Magallanes Street to see Magellan’s Cross for yourself and enter the old Basilica Minore del Santo Niño home of Cebu’s patron saint which they always celebrate every year of January 15. Then walk around the oldest street in the Philippines, named Colon. After, drive yourself to the Punta Engaño on Mactan Island where you’ll find the Lapu-Lapu Monument. On Magellan Bay they have amateur actors that sometimes do re-enactment of the battle of Macatan. Ask your hotel about the schedule of the performance.
BEACH away, FOOD, AND NIGHT LIFE
■ Even though I haven’t got to go swimming but still I can give you some tips to do. You can enjoy a really relaxing and fun vacation. Top resorts with tourists Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, and Plantation Bay. Been tour to Plantation bay so I can tell this place is really relaxing and peaceful. Aside from swimming on the shores, yu can enjoy other aqua sports like scuba, diving, snorkeling, and even go swimming to there huge look a like beach “lagoon” in the middle of the resort.
■ Place you gotta check out is Brescia they have Italian food, Romanian, and American food, Golden Cowrie and Jo’s Chicken Inato.
■ The Sunflower City Disco Bar in Lahug give you a whole night fun with best live disco music and cool music mix of their Dj, a big dance floor and awesome lights and props after there if you’re still not sleepy you can go to the Casino Filipino at Water Front Hotel.
Buy A Guitar
■ Cebu city is a busy manufacturing hub of guitars, both the real thing for playing songs and souvenirs, you can search for one along the National Hi-way or you can find it to all of those tourist spot in Cebu. If you want to go to the factories ask your hotel for some suggested shops, visit the guitar factories in Maribago. You can get a cheap guitar for longer strumming life. But you need to inquire with your airline about hand-carrying your guitar coz it is not allowed and you don’t have any choice but to check it in and be sure to have it packed well to survive airport handling and so on.
- Pros:Nice place to have a vacation, friendly people of course.
- Cons:the smell of canals and taxi drivers aren't honest!so watch out!
- In a nutshell:You'll find best guitar and good prizes (good place to shop) and COOL night to have fun!
This resort is a bit far from Cebu City and its something like 40 kilometers from the airport and approximately 27... more travel advice
It takes less than an hour to get to Cebu by plane. Cebu Pacific Air has regular flights to Macatan International... more travel advice
namiewa's Related Pages
Cebu Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cebu Island"
- "Visayan heart"
- "Cebu Island"
- "The Queen City of the South"
- "Map and History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cebu Island
- Hotels in Cebu Island
- Transportation in Cebu Island
- Nightlife in Cebu Island
- Restaurants in Cebu Island
- Shopping in Cebu Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cebu Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cebu Island
- 9 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cebu Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cebu Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 34 reviews, 111 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 21 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olongapo City Intro, 42 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Bernard Intro, 25 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bohol Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manila Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay City Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu Island Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos