"Palenque Rainforest and Mayan Site" Palenque by Thestumps
Palenque Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 733 photos
Should you ever wander into the ruins of Palenque in Chiapas, Mexico, you can hear the commotion of the monkeys in the rain forest, as they stand guard over the tombs of their ancient human habitants. Who knows what else lies in the jungle waiting to be discovered.
The "Jungla" in Palenque is disappearing quickly. The Lacandona jungle in Eastern Mexico is going away in fast form too. Where before, one had to hack his way in to find these Mayan ruins, today, it is possible to drive to most. There are still some sites that have yet to be discovered covered by the little remaining jungle.
Thestumps' Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!"
- "Palenque, Chiapas"
- "Palenque: A Mayan Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palenque
- Hotels in Palenque
- Transportation in Palenque
- Nightlife in Palenque
- Restaurants in Palenque
- Shopping in Palenque
- Warnings and Dangers in Palenque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Houston Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saipan Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue