"Arizona in the SouthWestern U.S.A." Arizona by Thestumps
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,554 reviews and 28,758 photos
If you ever visit the United States, you should consider visiting ARIZONA. It is beautiful with nature, and the Saguaro's only grow around this region. They are the biggest CACTUS PLANTS in the world. I said PLANTS, not TREES. This is in SEDONA. The giant Saguaros don't grow here, for they don't like elevation beyond 3000 feet or so.
This mountain in Sedona is said to give magical healing powers to any one coming in contact. This is NATIVE AMERICAN LEGEND. This is a must for Arizona visitors. Note the red soil. You can get to Sedona by going NORTH from Phoenix and only about an hour south of Flagstaff. Be wary, it can be chilly in winter. The elevation in Flagstaff is 7000 feet, so it is a heck of a climb from Sedona. There is a scenic road you can take, and it is very beautiful.
Man, this is an awesome site. Everyone should visit a giant Saguaro Cactus once in their lifetime.
- Pros:Go in winter. Very pleasant
- Cons:Stay away from MAY-SEPTEMBER. VERY HOT
- In a nutshell:Great place for a getaway, honeymoon, visit, ect...
Thestumps' Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- California Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Houston Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saipan Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue