"The subject of many book reports and fantasies." Assateague Island by jennifermueller
Assateague Island Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 25 photos
Imagine a pre-teen boy and girl use their allowance to buy wild pony. It's nearly every kid's fantasy and the subject of Marguerite Henry's novel of "Misty of Chincoteague".
Of Course, Assateague Island is much more than that. The Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to explore beaches, dunes, marshes and forests by foot or by bike.
Chincoteague Island, the site of the annual pony swim, is very developed with stores, hotels, restaurants, bike rental places, mini-golf and some commercial campgrounds.
There are several outfits that offer pony watching tours by boat where you can get much closer to the horses than we did.
What's a trip to a beach town without Mini Golf? At least that's my husband's attitude. After walking on Assateage and... more travel advice
jennifermueller's Related Pages
Assateague Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful National Seashores"
- "Assateague Island"
- "The subject of many book reports and fantasies."
- "Wild Horses....."
- "One of Two with Wild Horses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Assateague Island
- Nightlife in Assateague Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Assateague Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Assateague Island
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Assateague Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Assateague Island
Photos in Assateague IslandSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anuradhapura Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Polonnaruwa Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dambulla Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Kandy Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Negombo Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sigiriya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Assateague Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Assateague Island Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.