"Don't miss this capital city." Polonnaruwa by jennifermueller
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 272 photos
Polonnowara was first the Chola capital and then the Sinhalese capital of Sri Lanka from the 10th century to the 13th century AD.
The architecture shows strong Buddhist and Hindu influences.
The Cultural Triangle Fund administers the ruins at Polonnaruwa. Entry is included in a Cultural Triangle Fund round trip ticket.
As with many cultural and religious sites in Sri Lanka: no shoes, hats, shorts or uncovered shoulders.
Lankatilaka contains an enourmous, headless buddha statue and an interesting relief sculpture of Polonnaruwa... more travel advice
As it's the most northern of the ruins at Polonnaruwa, Tivanka Image House might be easy to skip. Don't. I felt that... more travel advice
jennifermueller's Related Pages
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ancient ruins"
- "Don't miss this capital city."
- "Historic Polonnaruwa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Polonnaruwa
- Hotels in Polonnaruwa
- Transportation in Polonnaruwa
- Nightlife in Polonnaruwa
- Restaurants in Polonnaruwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Polonnaruwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Polonnaruwa
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Polonnaruwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Polonnaruwa
Photos in PolonnaruwaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anuradhapura Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Polonnaruwa Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dambulla Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Kandy Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Negombo Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sigiriya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Assateague Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Assateague Island Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Polonnaruwa hotel reviews
- Hotel Sudu Araliya
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013