"Eugene, OR" Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene by shellybelly567

Eugene Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 272 photos

I lived in Eugene for four years while attending the University of Oregon. Situated in the Willamette Valley, Eugene is only an hour from the coast and an hour from the Cascade Mountains. It is home to the University of Oregon-Go Ducks! and famous for its Hippie and Anarchist communities.

My favorite things to do in Eugene (other than study of course) were going to
football games, eating at all the fabulous restaurants, going to concerts, and enjoying the scenery. Eugene is very green-unfortunately to be so green it has to rain a lot, so that could be a bummer if you're a sun-worshipper like me.

• Pros:Conveniently located, very green and beautiful
  • Cons:Rains A LOT, overzealous police force
  • In a nutshell:Colorful, fun, and surprisingly culturally diverse
  • Last visit to Eugene: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2003

• phildeni's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Nice page. We lived in Eugene for five years...LOVED it ! Still have good friends there. We do like Portland to. Have been here for eleven years..GO DUCKS !!!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 1:57 PM

Home of Prefontaine! He kicked my butt in 74 then invited me to Eugene. Good time was had by all! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• moremaga's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2004 at 9:48 PM

Yeah, U of O is the best! I went there as well! Miss Eugene a bit but P-town is nice as well.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 7:56 PM

My wife went to school here, and I used to visit her. its a great town, lots of fun to be had, and its mostly of a social nature. Nice page.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 1:15 PM

Hmm, I didn't find Autzen that loud;-\ Go Beavs!! Nice to see out-of-staters enjoying out schools though;-] How did you like those wooden benches at Strawberry Canyon at Cal?

• JAFA-Rease's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 3:00 AM

Deine website gefallt mir! Makes me homesick for the Pacific Northwest... Did you ever make it to Strawberry mountian?

• Sonador3's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 9:35 AM

Great Eugene page...I feel the same way about the place -- definately a love/hate thing going on. I haven't been back in 10 years, but I'm guessing it's still Berkeley North, only with more mullets!

• WanderingPoet's Profile Photo