"Festivals in Benicássim" Benicasim by mollymoo0oo0

Benicasim Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 6 photos

Music, Dance, Sun, Sea, Sand, and Camping

This is my experience of Benicássim... I have now been to three successive festivals in this town, each of which have brought new experiences with them.

In 2005 I went to my first Festival Internacional de Benicássim - also known as F.I.B. - with my partner, John and a good friend of ours.

2006 saw the three of us returning for more fun, with a group of around 25 more friends....

We have camped on both occasions at Camp Bonet - one of the 3 available sites that are included in the festival ticket price. There are some festiegoers who prefer to take private accomodation in the town during their stay, but we enjoy the campsite life and the mixed community this creates for the week of our stay.

Being so hot at that time of year (2006 gave us a record 44º), the music and dance events usually start later in the day/evening, which frees up plenty of time to relax, visit the beach or entertain yourself with a local activity. There is a go-karting racetrack in the area, as well as a large waterpark, called Aquarama. Both of these are located next to the main festival campsite.

Other possibilities may include watersports, or hiring a bike to explore the area. Maybe even hiring a car (recommended to pre-book - I'm not sure there is a company in-town) to see a little further afield... there is plenty to see in the surrounding towns... last year I travelled with friends on the (2 hour!) drive to the beautiful town of Morella in the north of the region. This year (2007) I had planned a day trip closer to town, but alas I ventured out less and didn't make it there!

The end of the festival week has historically presented a huge beach party for all the festigoers and local people from Benicássim and the surrounding towns. There are musical performances, as well as pyrotechnic displays and more. A fantastic way to end a great experience!

For 2007, however, the local mayor had decided that the beach party would not continue, due to its overwhelming popularity and the logistics of ensuring public safety at the event. It may be worth exploring other alternative celebrations, as I am sure they will take place.

Meanwhile, my F.I.B. 2005 and 2006 photos are currently in my personal albums, so why not take a look - and let me know if you're thinking of going to the festie, maybe I will see you there!!

• Pros:Festival fun offers a great experience for a week of the year, welcomed by the town
  • Cons:It can be difficult to find traditional Spanish foods, since they tend to cater for the 'tourist crowd'
  • In a nutshell:Benicassim is a beautiful little town, offering more than festivals... but they're pretty good at the festivals too!
  • Last visit to Benicasim: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2008

Comments

mollymoo0oo0

“~~~a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step~~~”

Badges & Stats in Benicasim

Have you been to Benicasim?

Latest Activity in Benicasim