"Colmar" Colmar by gueto
Colmar Travel Guide: 309 reviews and 951 photos
Colmar is Hansel & Gretel's lovely fairy town. If you ever read the tale you'll know what I'm talking about.
I discovered Colmar while a was living in a small town in Alsace called Hunigue. Colmar is about half an hour from there and about 40 minutes from Basel.
Colmar has everything. Enchanting old buildings, nice typical Alsacian food and above all it's the city where I celebrated y wedding day.
Colmar is lovely all year round. In winter is has the Marche de Noel (Christmas shops). At night the city is illuminated with amazing neon lights. During summer and spring people gather outside in the streets to get a beer.
Colmar is by far the most interesting city in Alsace.
Take a look at photos here and don't hesitate to ask me anything about the town because I know it very well. I fell in love since the beginning with it.
Enjoy as well while you are in Colmar the famous Little Venice. You won't miss it because it is the heart of the city. There are nice restaurant by the side of the water and you can get the chance of having a trip in a gondola. When the night falls, this area gets illuminated by incredible colours like in the photo. It is a real fairy tale.
Every building in Colmar has its own history. Try not to walk by without taking a loong look at them. Most of them even have the date they were built been some of them as old as 500 years.
- Pros:a fairy tale where you are the main character.
- Cons:I wish the city was as big as Paris to have more to see
- In a nutshell:Hansel & Gretel's home
Before you leave the town, remember to try the famous cake "pain d'epices". Made out of fine spices such as cinnamon,... more travel advice
This church started being built in 1234 until 1365. It is a major example of Gothic Art. The foundations of a church... more travel advice
gueto's Related Pages
Colmar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet Little Colmar"
- "Ideal Day Trip From Strasbourg"
- "Our favoured Alsatian city"
- "Colmar - German influence in France"
- "Colmar, capital of the former Décapole"
- "Home of Miss Liberty"
- "Colours of Colmar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colmar
- Hotels in Colmar
- Transportation in Colmar
- Nightlife in Colmar
- Restaurants in Colmar
- Shopping in Colmar
- Warnings and Dangers in Colmar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colmar
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Colmar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colmar
Photos in ColmarSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Colmar Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Singapore Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Cork Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Black Forest Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Geneva Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Basel Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
Latest Colmar hotel reviews
- Le Marechal Chateaux & Hotels De France Colmar
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- La Maison des Tetes Colmar
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Saint-Martin Hotel Colmar
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Camping de l'Ill
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2010
- Mercure Colmar Champ de Mars
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Kyriad Colmar
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2013
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Hotel Primo
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Hotel Turenne
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013