"Fuzhou, Fujian Province" Fuzhou by stmlnyc
Fuzhou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 72 photos
Fuzhou in northern Fujian Province is a standard industrial Chinese city. There really isn't much that is unique to this city.
As in most Chinese cities, they'll be at least one statue of Mao-tse Tung. I found 2, one in a smallish park populated by senior citizens and auctioneers selling vases, porcelains, etc. and a larger one (in the far back of the picture) close to the city center. In both (as in most statues of Mao), he has his right arm raised as if still presiding over the masses.
This street is indistinquishable from most other streets in Fuzhou dotted with hotels, apartments, shopping centers, offices, etc., some still being constructed. Supposedly, the city has really developed since the early 1990's drawing in many from the poorer inland and western provinces.
This city has its share of new developments, most are uninspiringly designed, looking like a concrete box. The most interesting new construction (see the picture) is of a residential, shopping, and dining complex. It is distinctively European styled, although some of the handiwork looks tacky, with a large Protestant church.
Actually, driving from Changle Airport (which is quite far from the city) and in the surrounding towns, you'll notice more than a few prominent crosses atop churches.
stmlnyc's Related Pages
Fuzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Travel Journal of Fuzhou"
- "Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China"
- "The Saint Dominic's Cathedral in Fuzhou"
- "A Modern City with 2200 years old history"
- "Fuzhou, Fujian Province"
- "Flip-flop of time zones..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fuzhou
- Hotels in Fuzhou
- Transportation in Fuzhou
- Restaurants in Fuzhou
- Shopping in Fuzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fuzhou
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fuzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fuzhou
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huangshan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Tengchong Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Seoul Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.