"Huangshan, Anhui Province" Top 5 Page for this destination Huangshan by stmlnyc
Huangshan Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 330 photos
Huangshan (or Yellow Mountain) in Anhui Province is one of the most popular scenic spots in China. It is known for its unique pine trees, shapes of mountains, and scenery. The highest peak is Lotus Flower Peak at 1,864 meters above sea level followed by Brightness Top Peak at 1,860 meters.
For the hiking enthusiast, Huangshan will surely disappoint. It is designed to appeal to the mass tourist market. You'll likely encounter fellow tourists (almost all Chinese) in suits with dress shoes and high-heel shoes. The 'hiking' is really climbing steep, well-constructed stairs.
However, the scenery is great even if you don't break a sweat getting there.
Note: Some VT posters mentioned how difficult the hiking was. Please keep in mind that certain peaks have steeper climbs and the weather was very accommodating during my stay.
An example of Huangshan's pine trees. You'll see many growing on mountain sides and rocks with little visible soil. Many trees are given colorful names to reflect its unique shapes such as dragon claw pine tree and black tiger pine tree.
Many mountain peaks form distinctive features, much like cloud formations. Mountains, pine trees, and scenery are major draws to Huangshan. However, there are other attractions, such as the waterfalls, and the hot springs in the lower valleys.
The park entrance fee was 85 RMB (low season) and for an extra 1 RMB you can purchase insurance-injury payout is 8,000 while death is 40,000 RMB.
The steps up and down the peaks can be quite steep. Wear sensible shoes, hold onto the railing, and take your time. more travel advice
Hope that the disgarded love locks doesn't mean the love is also thrown away. You won't see too many old, rusty love... more travel advice
stmlnyc's Related Pages
Huangshan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huang Shan Mountain National Park"
- "Huangshan - Yellow Mountain"
- "Huangshan: Simply Unbelievable!"
- "Huangshan, Anhui Province"
- "Huangshan - The Mountain of Dreams & Poetry"
- "Up on the mountains"
- "No Mountain Else Worth To Climb Than Huangshan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huangshan
- Hotels in Huangshan
- Transportation in Huangshan
- Restaurants in Huangshan
- Shopping in Huangshan
- Warnings and Dangers in Huangshan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Huangshan
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Huangshan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huangshan
Photos in HuangshanSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huangshan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Tengchong Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Seoul Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Huangshan hotel reviews
- Beihai Hotel
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Xihai Hotel Huangshan
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Old Street Hotel Huangshan
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 2, 2013
- Huaxi Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2008
- Shilin Hotel Huangshan
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013