"Dayton, Ohio" Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton by Voyageuse30
Dayton Travel Guide: 322 reviews and 974 photos
It's not called the Birthplace of Aviation for nothing. Many sites here are geared towards the Wright Brothers and aviation in general.
It's not too bad for a medium-sized city. I have to admit that without the 'birthplace of aviation' claim to fame, it wouldn't stand out much from any other city of its size.
But it has lots to do for aviation fans and it has a reasonable cost of living for its inhabitants. Also, there are lots of opportunities for higher education.
Because I've always loved jets and airplanes, I'm lucky that I live in Dayton because there are a lot of opportunities to see jets, or maybe even ride in them!
The F-16 is a pretty cool jet. I've had the opportunity to go up for a backseat ride twice. It's just like a really smooth roller coaster ride, except that it flips upside down/right-side up on a dime, crushes you with very strong G forces, and travels at like a billion miles an hour. And it's hard to walk after a one-hour ride, unless of course you're a pilot and you're accustomed to it.
- Pros:Small, relatively diverse population, great for aviation buffs; easy to get around
- Cons:Rather unexciting; lacks many cultural activities
Maybe you've heard the rumors. The west side of Dayton is apparently pretty bleak and shall we say, pretty dangerous.... more travel advice
You could spend all day (and then some) in this huge collection of jets and biplanes and spacecraft and all sorts of... more travel advice
Voyageuse30's Related Pages
Dayton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dayton Ohio"
- "Dayton - Home of the Brothers Wright"
- "Dayton, Ohio"
- "National Museum of the United States Air Force"
- "Dayton: the city of my college years - GO UD!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dayton
- Hotels in Dayton
- Transportation in Dayton
- Nightlife in Dayton
- Restaurants in Dayton
- Shopping in Dayton
- Warnings and Dangers in Dayton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dayton
- 12 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dayton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dayton
Photos in DaytonSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Mère-Église Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Colleville-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos