"A Great Place for Bookworms" Top 5 Page for this destination Concord by Voyageuse30
Concord Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 137 photos
This is the house in which Louisa may Alcott grew up and wrote "Little Women".
Guided tours are available. I loved seeing the old furnishings and books in the house. And you can still see Louisa's younger sister's drawings on her bedroom walls.
Nathaniel Hawthorne lived here.
Practically in the backyard is the bridge where the revolution began!
Ralph Waldo Emerson bought this house in 1835 and in it, his children grew up and some notable figures visited (Henry Thoreau, Louisa May Alcott, Nathaniel Hawthorne).
- Pros:Charming, pretty, intellectually stimulating (even prettier in the fall season)
The site of the first effective armed resistance by Americans to the British. The bridge itself is actually a replica of... more travel advice
This 411-acre reservation has beautiful hiking trails (even more picturesque in autumn). There is a replica of Henry... more travel advice
Voyageuse30's Related Pages
Concord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Concord ~"
- "The next town over"
- "The literary heart and soul of the US"
- "zChris's Concord"
- "A Great Place for Bookworms"
- "Concord, Ma...literary heaven"
- "Concord, MA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concord
- Hotels in Concord
- Transportation in Concord
- Restaurants in Concord
- Warnings and Dangers in Concord
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concord
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Concord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concord
Photos in ConcordSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Mère-Église Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Colleville-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos