"Alternative Living in Arizona" Arcosanti by Voyageuse30
Arcosanti Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 24 photos
Arcosanti is an alternative to urban sprawl in the Arizona desert, developed by Italian architect Paolo Soleri. It is basically a self-sufficient little town that is in the process of being built. The residents learn skills such as metalwork, teaching, etc. and learn to live in ways that are more peaceful with the environment.
Touring this quiet place kind of made me want to give some of my modern conveniences and live more simply for awhile. The way of life here sure seems less stressful than the fast-paced life many of us lead. Good for the environment and I imagine good for the psyche as well. Everyone wins. :-)
- Pros:Interesting to see an alternative to many modern lifestyles
- Cons:I'm jealous of the peace here!
Voyageuse30's Related Pages
Arcosanti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You can't blame a guy for dreamin'..."
- "Soleri's Experiment"
- "Kristen's Arcosanti Page"
- "Alternative Living in Arizona"
- "The Dream Of the Architect"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arcosanti
- Hotels in Arcosanti
- Nightlife in Arcosanti
- Restaurants in Arcosanti
- Shopping in Arcosanti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arcosanti
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Arcosanti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arcosanti
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Mère-Église Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Colleville-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos