"A Very Cold Trip to Innsbruck, Austria" Innsbruck by Voyageuse30
Innsbruck Travel Guide: 1,138 reviews and 2,562 photos
I went to Innsbruck, Austria on a group daytrip while I was in Germany. It was absolutely freezing but when I'm in a new place, I try not to complain too much about the cold!
I didn't do a lot of "touristy" things, but I did eat at some restaurants and do some shopping. Apparently Austria is known for it's crystal, so I bought some.
The above photo is Wilten Basilica, built in 1755 and has been a place of pilgrimage for centuries. There are beautiful paintings on the ceiling.
For whatever reason, we could only walk up to a closed-off gate in the basilica in order to take pictures. So unfortunately I didn't get to walk through it.
This pilgrimage church was built in 1751 and is considered the most beautiful Rococo church in Tirol (this area of Austria).
Architecture, mountains, beer... all you need on one convenient street! :-)
This city is a winter playground. Apparently, many people come here not for the history, but for the skiing and winter scenery in the mountains. I admit I was one of them, curious to see the mountan scenery.
The tower is called the City Tower, appropriately enough. It was built in the middle of the 15th century but the "onion tower" was added in the 1500s. Apparently there is a good view from atop this tower, but I didn't get to go up.
This is a great website for information about things to do and see in Innsbruck.
- Pros:Pretty city with a mountainous backdrop
- In a nutshell:A beautiful winter wonderland
These big goblets are neat souvenirs, and are not expensive. There are many different designs. This particular one... more travel advice
Voyageuse30's Related Pages
Innsbruck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof"
- "The Beautiful town of Innsbruck"
- "Innsbruck - the capital city of Tirol"
- "Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
- "INNSBRUCK A NICE CITY AT ALPS!"
- "Innsbruck a wonderful place in the middle of Tirol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Innsbruck
- Hotels in Innsbruck
- Transportation in Innsbruck
- Nightlife in Innsbruck
- Restaurants in Innsbruck
- Shopping in Innsbruck
- Warnings and Dangers in Innsbruck
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Innsbruck
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Innsbruck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Innsbruck
Photos in InnsbruckSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Mère-Église Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Colleville-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
Latest Innsbruck hotel reviews
- Hilton Innsbruck
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Weisses Kreuz
- 293 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jul 18, 2012
- Alpine Wellfit Hotel Eagles-Astoria Innsbruck-Igls
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Aldranser Hof
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Ibis Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof
- 182 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Pension Bistro
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2012
- Hotel Innsbruck
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Grauer Bar
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Mondschein
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Pension Zillertal
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 26, 2013
- Hotel Gasthof Engl
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Maria Theresia
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Altpradl Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013