"Nessie Sure Picked A Nice Place to Hang Out" Drumnadrochit by Voyageuse30
Drumnadrochit Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
The best part of Drumnadrochit, I think, is Urquhart Castle, on the shores of Loch Ness.
The biggest part of the castle you can see in the photo is the Tower House, which dates from the 16th century. This was the lord's private residence and is five stories high. You can still climb up to the top today, and get a great view over the Loch.
If you're looking for Nessie, however, good luck. Of all the people who visit this castle and any other place on Loch Ness, how many have actually seen Nessie? Very, very few. Personally, I don't believe there is a Loch Ness monster but I still wouldn't want to swim around in the Loch. :-)
The castle is just as pretty in the wintertime. But a lot colder, due to the Loch and the ever-present wind...
This sign was at the castle in 1997; not sure if it is still there or not. It can briefly explain the history better than I can.
- Pros:Gorgeous castle right on Loch Ness
- Cons:Too much cheesy Nessie stuff... Scary roads right next to the Loch!
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous!!!
Voyageuse30's Related Pages
Drumnadrochit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taking a break in Drumnadrochit"
- "Loch Ness"
- "Nessie Sure Picked A Nice Place to Hang Out"
- "Monsters - Big Ones - Little Ones - Fuzzy Ones etc"
- "Nessie wasn't there."
- "For adults and children"
- "Gateway to Loch Ness"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Drumnadrochit
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Drumnadrochit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Drumnadrochit
Photos in DrumnadrochitSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Rouen Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concord Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sainte-Mère-Église Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Colleville-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos