"O-TOWN" Orlando by jadedmuse

Orlando Travel Guide: 3,109 reviews and 5,931 photos

Home of the Beast, Baby!

We met up with Scott (Shohman), Patty (Hexepatty) and Jim (Grasshopper_6) at an Irish pub in Winter Park recently. That’s our neighbor Mark at the far right, playing the mandolin. Engineer by day, musician by night.

It was a lot of fun but I had maybe three sips of Guinness before we had to leave. Just a little taste….until next time.

~~~~~~~~~~Side Note~~~~~~~~~~

I actually lived in Orlando for a year, when I quit the professional world and headed back to the ivory towers of academia to do some post-graduate studies in Education. I was stressed out from my former job and thought it would be great to become a teacher…you know, summers off and all that.

I soon realized that for me, it’s more fun to be the student than it is to be the teacher. I also came to appreciate the fact that the vocation of Educator is a real calling.

You’ve either got it or you don’t.

I didn’t.

Still, a great year all in all.

• Last visit to Orlando: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2007

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM

I've heard thre's a great Italian place called Bergamo's in Orlando. But I guess it wouldn't have been apropos on St. Patty's DAy, eh?

jadedmuse Used To Live Here!

jadedmuse

“To see the world in a grain of sand & heaven in a flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand & eternity in an hour”

Badges & Stats in Orlando

Have you been to Orlando?

Latest Activity in Orlando