"Kimbe Bay" Kimbe by jadedmuse
Kimbe Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Part of our trip was planned as a kind of "National Geographic" expedition - and the other part was more of an exploratory dive adventure.
Both aspects of the trip were equally rewarding...but the dive part probably had a bit of a more relaxed feel to it compared to what we'd done and seen in the Highlands and Sepik regions.
We flew into the Hoskins airport in the Western province of New Britain island, where we were met by Walindi Plantation representatives and driven to their dive resort in Kimbe Bay.
I can only tell you that if Rabaul is a wreck diver's dream, then Kimbe Bay is a reef and wall diver's paradise. Offering average visiblity of 200 feet-plus, Walindi Plantation made sure that we indulged ourselves to the hilt with wall dives, reef dives, shallow dives, deep dives.....even the Australian guests we'd met there said that this place had the Great Barrier Reef beaten!
For the non-diver, days are filled with bush walks, village visits, fishing, windsurfing or just lazing around on a hammock, enjoying the sun and coastal breezes.
This was a true gem of a place - a little piece of PNG paradise!
For more info/photos on Kimbe Bay area, please see this section's Travel Tips
And if you haven't seen it yet, please visit my intro page under Papua New Guinea
With so many great activities to choose from, it's easy to lose sight of why we go on vacation in the first place....to... more travel advice
On our excursion into town, we passed by this young woman who was obviously pregnant, balancing both a child AND a heavy... more travel advice
jadedmuse's Related Pages
Kimbe Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kimbe
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kimbe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimbe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 84 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 71 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Papua New Guinea Intro, 62 reviews, 79 photos
- Nepal Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tari Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Israel Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tibet Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue