Tari Off The Beaten Path Tips by jadedmuse
Tari Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Once you've crossed a bridge (or two), it's inevitable that you'll come across a waterfall. There are several near the Ambua Lodge and other areas in the Highlands mountains....we stumbled upon streams, rivers and waterfalls and the foliage is prolific as a result of the cascading water.
If you have the time, take a "nature walk" or hike along trails (usually with a guide), as it's worth it to see some of nature's majesty in its purest forms.
It's always fun to stop half-way across this kind of bridge, and take some time out for introspection....you know, listen to the sound of the birds in the trees, the running stream below....your own panicked breathing.....
It pays to check out the bridge first before you venture across it.
Never can be too careful!
Easy does it....
I'm afraid of height so this was a bit of a challenge....imagine a rope and bamboo bridge with the width that equals the length of your foot; then imagine that there is a running river underneath you as you swing and totter along from one side to the other...
Let the fun begin!
(If you spend a day exploring the Highlands, you'll come across one or more such bridges, used extensively by the native tribes)
More Reviews (27)
- See All Some Helpful Pidgin Words/Phrases....
- See All Strong Cigarettes!
- Don't Forget These!
- 4x4 while up in the mountains
jadedmuse's Related Pages
Tari Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Tari
- Hotels in Tari
- Transportation in Tari
- Warnings and Dangers in Tari
- See All...
Explore the World
- Veli Hotels
- Cala Millor
- Bora-Bora Hotels
- Parish of Westmoreland
- Parish of Clarendon Hotels
- Secaucus Hotels
- Austin Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Japan Off The Beaten Path
- Jaipur Off The Beaten Path
- Beijing Off The Beaten Path
- The hidden little gems of the town
- Minnesota Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Tari
- 31 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Tari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tari
Photos in TariSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 84 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 71 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Papua New Guinea Intro, 62 reviews, 79 photos
- Nepal Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tari Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Israel Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tibet Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue