"..." Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Tiberias by jadedmuse
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 355 photos
To most visitors, "The Sea of Galilee" is how we know and refer to this area. To Israelis however, the Sea of Galilee is better known as "Lake Kinneret", with the main town of Tiberias straddling its western shore.
I love this area - and you'll find that most Israelis have a special place in their hearts for this area as well. To the Israeli, the Kinneret represents a peaceful escape from the rigors of city life...a wonderful place to go with the family and spend a weekend or even just a day, enjoying a picnic along the shores of the lake.
Indeed, to the average visitor, this area represents The Galilee, otherwise known as the area where Jesus Christ spent the 3 most important years of His ministry - and where He assembled His apostles and made them "fishers of men" over 2000 years ago.
You cannot go to Israel without spending a minimum of 2 days in this area - you won't be disappointed. From a religious perspective, there are plenty of holy sites to see and the added bonus is that most of them are sitting right out in the open and don't cost you a dime. The rolling hills leading down the the lake are verdant and host a number of kibbutzes where some of the first Israelis began dedicating themselves to the cultivation of this region's fertile lands.
It's also a perfect stepping stone to explore the upper region known as the Golan and the Golan Heights.
- Pros:Gentle breezes, smell of fresh flowers, negotiable roads - even those less traveled....
- Cons:Look out for religious pilgrims in big tour buses!
- In a nutshell:Where the World's Most Famous Rabbi Preached...
I took this shot while driving down from Taghba (site of the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves and fishes) to... more travel advice
Better known as the place where Whitney Houston made a spectacle of herself while being baptized in the waters of the... more travel advice
jadedmuse's Related Pages
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Kinneret (Sea of Galilee)"
- "Day 3: Excursion around the Sea of Galilee"
- "Lake Tiberias and Mount of Beatitudes"
- "Kinneret - Sea of Galilee"
- "Galilee and the Golan Heights"
- "The Sea of Galilee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Tiberias
- Hotels in Lake Tiberias
- Transportation in Lake Tiberias
- Nightlife in Lake Tiberias
- Restaurants in Lake Tiberias
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Tiberias
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lake Tiberias?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Tiberias
Photos in Lake TiberiasSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 84 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 71 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Papua New Guinea Intro, 62 reviews, 79 photos
- Nepal Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tari Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Israel Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tibet Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue