Brighton Transportation Tips by themajor Top 5 Page for this destination
Brighton Transportation: 48 reviews and 31 photos
The romance of the railway
Located at the northern tip of Queens Road, Brighton Station is a superb Victorian architectural statement in cast iron and glass. originally built in 1840 and substantially extended in the years thereafter it is a wonderful example of how practical needs can be intertwined with aesthetic values. The roof alone provides you with plenty to stare at and get diverted by should your train be delayed. if that isn't enough to take your mind off the wait then the concourse has a W.H. Smith newsagent, coffee kiosk, cake and cookie vendors and a small food branch of Marks and Spencer.
Given the shortage of parking spaces in Brighton, if you are coming into town from any distance away the train or bus is an excellent option. Regular train services run eastwards towards and beyond Hastings and Rye, westwards to Chichester, Southampton and even Bristol and Cardiff and northwards to London and beyond. For those based in London you'll find that trains run around every fifteen mins to and from Brighton, with journey times taking between an hour and ninety minutes.
Once you arrive in the city you'll find that the main town centre is due south from the station exit with the beach being no more than 20 minutes walk away. For those wanting a ride into town there is either the taxi rank or the bus station immediately adjacent to the station. Buses taking you to Churchill Square (the main covered shopping centre) include the No. 6.
More Reviews (33)
- See All WEST PIER MARKET - PURCHASE AMONGST THE...
- See All THERE'S A WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN' GOIN' ON!
- See All THE EVENING ARGUS - AVAILABLE MORNINGS!
- See All IMPECCABLE TASTE
themajor's Related Pages
Brighton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brighton Rocks !"
- "BRIGHTON - THE CITY THAT ATE HOVE"
- "London's naughty seaside retreat"
- "Brighton - The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brighton
- Hotels in Brighton
- Transportation in Brighton
- Nightlife in Brighton
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Shopping in Brighton
- Warnings and Dangers in Brighton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brighton
- 34 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Brighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brighton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Apparently hundreds of..."
- Uploaded a Video to Brighton
- updated a Brighton Travel Page "BRIGHTON - THE CITY THAT ATE HOVE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ESTABLISHED 1883!"
- Wrote a Review WEST PIER MARKET - PURCHASE AMONGST THE PEBBLES! in Brighton Things to Do
- Commented on one of flyingkiwi's Brighton travel pages
Videos in BrightonSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 34 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lewes Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- Bristol Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avebury Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Hove Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portmeirion Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Royal Pavilion- 56 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Palace Pier- 36 Reviews, 61 Photos
- The Lanes- 16 Reviews, 19 Photos
- The Beach- 31 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Sealife Centre- 11 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Devils Dyke- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- West Pier- 13 Reviews, 15 Photos
- The Marina- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Preston Park- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos