Glastonbury Sports & Outdoors Tips by themajor Top 5 Page for this destination
Glastonbury Sports & Outdoors: 1 reviews and 2 photos
A creditable 21 points!!
In my childhood days, when colour television was a dream and The Beatles were all getting along swimmingly, there were little booklets for children called 'I-Spy'. Themed in subjects like birds, transport, flowers, your mission was to accrue points by spotting and ticking off as many of the featured lists as possible. Fanatics could join the I-Spy Club - very popular in it's day - which was presided over by the unimaginatively named Big Chief I-Spy. About whom we have this internet snippet from his second in command.
"My boss was X, a frightfully camp antiques trader with a shop in Camden Passage and a love of boys, pork chops, Italian food and the theatre. He smoked and coughed continuously, and would regularly drop inches of cigarette ash onto any papers I had on my desk. Overgenerous, kindhearted, intolerant, X was constantly, eyebrow-archingly astonished by me, the company for which we worked, everyone we came into contact with. His favourite (repeatable) expletive was "Chaaarming"... He was converting a chapel...into a home. It had but a single grave in its garden. It amused him tremendously that this was of the chapel's founder."
Needless to say, points earned depended upon the ease which which something could be 'spotted'. Thus in the transport book, a Rolls Royce was bound to earn you more points than a Ford Anglia. With this in mind I should like to offer up a version just for Glastonbury...
Man or woman with straggly hair - 1 point
Barefoot man or woman (quite brave on UK streets) - 10 points
Pixie/wizard/mad hat - 10 points
Man or woman with crystal - 2 points
Man or woman with piercing (visible) - 1 point
Man or woman with piercing (hidden, but uncovered after a struggle) - 25 points
Individual bearing staff (roughly hewn) - 5 points
Individual bearing staff (varnished and with nice crooked twirly sections) - 10 points
Individual bearing staff (topped with natural crystal or disconcerting skull) - 20 points
Sir Ian McKellen bearing staff - 100 points
...you get the idea.
Equipment: Keen eyes and a decent camera should you be fearful of any 'spot' being challenged and subsequently declared invalid.
The Sir Ian McKellen is oft claimed but seldom substantiated.
Address: Glastonbury and environs
Directions: Territory to be 'spotted' can be lessened if all players agree. The High Street would provide a full days entertainment in it's own right.
More Reviews (19)
- See All Delicious - but low on monkeys!
- See All Prehistoric pleasures at modern prices
- PACK IT IN
themajor's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- West Pensacola Hotels
- Berwick Hotels
- Bat Yam
- Kampong Selayang Hotels
- Briones Hotels
- Huaraz Sports & Outdoors
- Tashkent Sports & Outdoors
- Portovenere Sports & Outdoors
- Laughlin Sports & Outdoors
- Intendenciade San Andrés y Providencia Sports & Outdoors
- Winter Activities
- Puerto Morelos Sports & Outdoors
- Ibiza Sports & Outdoors
- Palm Springs Sports & Outdoors
- Goreme Sports & Outdoors
- Skåne Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 20 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Apparently hundreds of..."
- Uploaded a Video to Glastonbury
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Chalice Well Gardens - tranquil retreat"
- Wrote a Review Delicious - but low on monkeys! in Glastonbury Restaurants
- updated a Glastonbury Travel Page "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 34 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunbridge Wells Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lewes Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Bristol Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avebury Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Hove Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portmeirion Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos