"I love León!" León by Linnea13
León Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 502 photos
I had planned ot spend just a couple of days in León, but ended up spending more than a week. It is an incredible colonial city located in the northwest of Nicaragua. The city itself houses an excellent market and is close to the beach as well as being home to the largest cathedral in Central America.
It is hot in León, but it is a dry heat. Make sure you drink enough water (and spend time at the beach) and you will hardly notice it.
Nicaragua in general tends to be rather inexpensive, and León is no exception. I stayed in the Belgian-run Via-Via for $3 per night, which served as a hot spot at night for locals and travelers alike.
I stopped into check out ¨The Convent¨, which is a restaurant and hotel - clearly higher budget, but worthwhile if you can swing it!
- Pros:Quintessential Central American Colonial City
- Cons:It can be HOT!! Watch out if you don´t believe in ¨dry heat¨
- In a nutshell:One of my favorite cities!
Linnea13's Related Pages
León Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CITY OF MURALS"
- "I love León!"
- "Ancient City, Home of the Sandinista Movement"
- See All...
- Things to Do in León
- Hotels in León
- Transportation in León
- Nightlife in León
- Restaurants in León
- Shopping in León
- Warnings and Dangers in León
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in León
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to León?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in León
Top 10 Pages
- Santa Teresa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Granada Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bocas del Toro Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Isla de Ometepe Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montezuma Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Lajas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- San José 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Panama Intro, 2 photos