"Santa Teresa and Malpais" Santa Teresa by Linnea13
Santa Teresa Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 11 photos
Santa Teresa and Malpais (only differentiated by taking either a left or right at THE intersection) are on the west side of the lower Nicoya Peninsula. You can reach them by taking the bus (or a 4wd car rental or taxi) to Cobano, which also serves as the departure point for Montezuma.
The area is entirely focused on surfing, even though the beaches are quite lovely for swimming and sportfishing is popular as well. Both towns are located on about 3 miles of dirt road with no real 'center'' of town. There are a number of cool places to stay from dorm style hostels to nicer hotels.
Although drugs are prevalent, the area maintains a safe and relaxed atmosphere (not sketchy).
- Pros:All about the surfing.
- Cons:All about the surfing
- In a nutshell:Fun, relaxing, all about the surfing.
The malpais surf camp is about .5 km from the intersection and is a great place to stay. They have a pool and are very... more travel advice
There is one cash machine in Santa Teresa and Malpais. It is a new installation and the Internet cafe it is located in... more travel advice
Linnea13's Related Pages
Santa Teresa Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Santa Teresa
- Hotels in Santa Teresa
- Transportation in Santa Teresa
- Restaurants in Santa Teresa
- Shopping in Santa Teresa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Teresa
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santa Teresa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Teresa
Top 10 Pages
- Santa Teresa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Granada Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bocas del Toro Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Isla de Ometepe Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montezuma Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Lajas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- San José 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Panama Intro, 2 photos