"WOW! Time flies!!" Linnea13's Profile

November 2014!

It has been over 3 years since I was on VT and to read my last entry makes me feel as thought 3 years ago was a lifetime ago. And I love the picture - that was probably 10 years ago, if not more! YIKES!

I moved to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in July of this year and am astounded at what Malaysia has to offer. From being contacted by my prospective employer in February to quickly looking at a map to see where Malaysia actually was, I am now set up with an apartment and car and have been at work for a few months already. SE Asia has so many amazing countries to explore and I am eager to see them all, but I am limited until 12/31/14 due to tax residency and I can not leave Malaysia until then. That being said, Malaysia itself has so much to offer, I am so pleased!! Each city or island seems to have a new angle on being Malaysian, and the various cultures that live here make it a very colourful and remarkable place.

I am currently in Penang, wrapping up a 4 day stay and I am so amazed by this city that I felt like I wanted to share more about it than would be appropriate on fb. Hence, my return to the amazing VT.

It's nice to be back!

August 2011:
After 5 years of homeownership, which had depleted my travel budget to nil, I am feeling good and excited and ready to hit the airport again. This summer I got around quite a bit locally - the Outer Banks of North Carolina, two weeks in Puerto Rico, and a long weekend in Montreal. My sister and niece moved to Mexico last week and I am looking forward to a looong visit over December break... Then, on to planning what's next - not sure, but Abu Dhabi and Portugal top the list. As long as the house is rented, I am free to go (when I can :). Glad to be back.

• Intro Updated Oct 24, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!