"Sacramento" Sacramento by cheap_tourist
Sacramento Travel Guide: 436 reviews and 1,026 photos
Sacramento is California's capital. I particularly enjoyed exploring Old Sacramento which has three interesting rides: River Otter Water Taxi, Sacramento Southern Railroad Train, and the Spirit of Sacramento--a paddlewheeler.
Its downtown has many attractions including the State Capitol and the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. The State Capitol is open to the public. If you are lucky, you can even see your lawmakers in action. The park behind the capitol has a poignant memorial to Californians who made the ultimate sacrifice during the Vietnam War.
Other attractions of note include the Crocker Art Museum and Sutter's Fort.
- Pros:Many attractions to see.
- Cons:Restaurants close early.
- In a nutshell:A Pleasant Surprise
Sacramento International Hostel has many things going for it: it is walking distance to Old Sacramento and the State... more travel advice
The California State Capitol is very visitor-friendly. It is open even during Saturdays and Sundays. I visited on a... more travel advice
cheap_tourist's Related Pages
Sacramento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sacramento: More Than Just A State Captiol"
- "Six Hours in Sacramento"
- "A Very Nice Community and Climate"
- "The best thing about Sacramento was Jeannette1"
- "SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sacramento
- Hotels in Sacramento
- Transportation in Sacramento
- Nightlife in Sacramento
- Restaurants in Sacramento
- Shopping in Sacramento
- Warnings and Dangers in Sacramento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sacramento
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sacramento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sacramento
Photos in SacramentoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 27 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Barbara Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Portland Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Juneau Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues