"Wonderful Mabou" Mabou by n_a_drescher
Mabou Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Nestled on the west coast of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, is the jewel of Inverness County: Mabou. Although mainly a small village dependant upon the fishing industry, secondary industries have grown that cater to tourism, such as restaurants, a hostel, bed and breakfasts, and a great bar.
Although to the tourist's eye Mabou looks like a quaint Maritime village, it has a lot of personality and attitude. The locals are fiercely proud of being from Mabou, and have lives just as complex as people from larger metropolitan communities.
- Pros:Good music, beautiful scenery, near-perfect summer weather, good watering holes, fairly wealthy community
- Cons:High gas prices, slow-driving tourists who ask dumb questions
- In a nutshell:Enjoy everything Mabou has to offer but don't be a dumb tourist!
Although not a physical danger, being a dumb, pretentious tourist can be harmful to your ego when in Mabou. This... more travel advice
n_a_drescher's Related Pages
Mabou Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mabou
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mabou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mabou
Photos in MabouSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Southern Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- South Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Mabou Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Banff Intro, 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daegu Intro, 2 reviews, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.