"Hometown Proud" Owen Sound by n_a_drescher
Owen Sound Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 46 photos
Nestled on the southern tip of the crystal-clear Georgian Bay, this small city of 20,000 people offers shopping, sightseeing, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, eating, and the world-famous 'Summerfolk' festival where some of the greatest contemporary folk artists have played. Surrounding Owen Sound is Grey-Bruce County and the Bruce Peninsula, with hundreds of kilometres of green forests, small villages, and clean, clear beaches (Sauble Beach, Lion's Head, Port Elgin, Wasaga Beach). Its a definite place to go for the nature enthusiast, beware of the height of tourist season, though. All the cottages and campgrounds are usually gone by April.
- Pros:Quiet, removed from busy Southern Ontario, friendly attitudes, real maritime culture like in Nova Scotia, scenic, never too hot or too cold
- Cons:Winter gets lots of snow, the thick, wet, 5 feet in one night kind of snow,
- In a nutshell:I've seen most of Canada, and Owen Sound is not only my home town, but also one of the prettiest, most peaceful, and best places in the whole world.
n_a_drescher's Related Pages
Owen Sound Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chasing Waterfalls"
- "Hometown Proud"
- "Staying in Owen Sound on Georgian Bay, Ontario, Ca"
- "Historic Port and Shipping Center"
- "Georgian Bay shore Owen Sound to Wasaga"
- "Higlights of Owen Sound"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Owen Sound
- Hotels in Owen Sound
- Nightlife in Owen Sound
- Restaurants in Owen Sound
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Owen Sound
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Owen Sound?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Owen Sound
Top 5 Pages
- Southern Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- South Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Mabou Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Banff Intro, 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daegu Intro, 2 reviews, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.