"Jenated Global" n_a_drescher's Profile
Nestled at the southern tip of Georgian Bay in the province of Ontario, Canada, is the "city" of Owen Sound.
With a population of 20,000 people, including those that live out in the farm country, it's a very homey and cozy place.
The winters dump a lot of snow on the area, about the same amount the Maritimes and New England states receive, so watch out between November and March!
There are two bars, Beach Brothers and the Harb, as well as an assortment of restaurants. Sauble Beach is only a 20 minute drive away, and every August Owen Sound hosts the Summerfolk Festival, rated in Time as a 'miniature folk-music Woodstock' (High Times rated it as the #4 place in North America to smoke...stuff-1998).
The Owen Sound Harbour is beautiful, and the crystal clear blue waters of Georgian Bay stretch out across the horizon. It's never humid or too hot in the summer (average temp in August is 22), but you can't swim in it until August because it gets Arctic runoff. Brrrr.
There's also thousands of kilometres of rivers to canoe and camp on, as the nearest industrialized city is a 4 hour drive away (Toronto area).
If you are ever in Southern Ontario, ditch the big cities and try and taste a little of what Ontario is really like. The laid back lifestyle of the small towners (interesting fact: 59% of Ontario lives in rural communities...for all you Ontario-bashers out there).
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- updated a Southern Thailand Travel Page "Ko Samui and Ko Phangan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ko Samui and Ko Phangan"
- Wrote a Review Bugs Bugs Bugs! in Southern Thailand What to Pack
created their Profile Page "Jenated Global"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Re: Tips - when do i tip?..."
Top 5 Pages
- Southern Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- South Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Mabou Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Banff Intro, 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daegu Intro, 2 reviews, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.