"College Station, Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination College Station by Suet
College Station Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 152 photos
This sprawling town is there because of the Texas A & M University. It's really cheap here because the main spenders are students who, as we all know, aren't terribly rich. Ideal for eating out, there are many fast food places which aren't burgers and fries, and some real finds for tasty food as in the restaurant tip below.
The impression the whole place gives is of an impermanence, as if it was all only constructed yesterday and might vanish tomorrow. Not like European cities at all.
Every kid who is old enough has a car. They drive to school from 15 and a half years old. How times change!
You hardly need pictures of shops in Texas.... however, my favourites are WalMart and Hobby Lobby. I can buy all my crafting materials there for half price-ish, due to the exchange rate on the dollar, so of course I came back loaded up with goodies. It was also the ideal place to stock up on T shirts and those indian skirts I love so much.
Even going to Sears and Bloomingdales was a delight, I manged to get my favourite perfume for $50, I can pay £54 for that in the UK 73 euros in France. Well worth the trip!
- Pros:Easy to drive around
- Cons:VERY hot in the summer
This was the way to get around College Station! My godson, James, is now 16 and has a monster truck known as a... more travel advice
This is more ON the beaten track I suppose. It's a State Park and absolutely brilliant for dog walking and birdwatching.... more travel advice
Suet's Related Pages
College Station Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic College Station Page"
- "College Station, Texas"
- "College Station - My Fiance's college home"
- "College Station - Home of Texas A&M University"
- "Fightin' Texas Aggie page!"
- "aileronguy's new College Station Page"
- "A Two-percenter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in College Station
- Hotels in College Station
- Transportation in College Station
- Nightlife in College Station
- Restaurants in College Station
- Warnings and Dangers in College Station
- See All...
Badges & Stats in College Station
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to College Station?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in College Station
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 32 reviews, 94 photos
- Kenya Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Rochelle Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Sigomere Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboise Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Penicuik Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues