"VT Meeting in York 20th January 2007" York by Suet

York Travel Guide: 1,686 reviews and 4,185 photos

VT Rules! okay?

Last weekend I went to a VT meet in York organised by the incomparable DAO and Gillybob. We tramped York until we had seen it all, had some very funny times with the other VTers, laughed an awful lot and got home at 2.30am.

DAO worked hard at giving us a potted history of York, I can't remember it all, as I was annoying other VT members, but it seems that there were a series of pyromaniacs in charge at any given moment. Burning the Minster to the ground was a popular pastime. Makes you wonder why they kept rebuilding it in the same place.

The lovely Poons!!!!

This girl makes me giggle! she has a wicked yet subtle sense of humour, is capable of quite meditated craziness and all concealed beneath a calm and innocent demeanour.

The beautiful northeast80

Having met the beautiful Emma, it never ceases to amaze me how people have the courage to meet and spend a whole day with other unknown people. However, Emma survived her first VT meet practically unscathed, and I know she has made lots of new friends! If you want to know anything about Hull, she is the girl to ask.

• Pros:Quite small, interesting to explore and visit
  • Cons:The bloody parking!!!!!
  • In a nutshell:Very interesting town, steeped in history
  • Last visit to York: Jan 2007