"My sad little world" expatbangkok's Profile

Eco-tourism in Nakhon Sawan

Here's your chance to experience real Thai culture. Get up at the crack of dawn, feed the pigs, spend 10 back-breaking hours in the rice field with a 10 minute break for kapow moo (pork with basil), then cool off with a dip in the pond.

Bangkok Rugby 7's

Every October Bangkok hosts an International Rugby 7's competition with teams from all over the world. The atmosphere is fantastic, fueled by 100's of litres of Heineken.

Ayuthaya

Ayuthaya has lots of lovely temples, but I find them a little bit boring. So when we go to Ayuthaya we stay at the Krungsri River hotel which boasts a bowling alley in the basement. Not typical Thai culture, but excellent fun.

Nakhon Sawan

Not many people travel to Nakhon Sawan cos, quite frankly, there is very little to do. Food by the river is quite nice and the city is comparatively clean.

Uthaithani

Yet another place not on the tourist map. I found a hotel right next to the river with little paddle boats tied to a river boat. My pommie friend Slats pinched one boat and went for a paddle.
There was very little to do in town so we parked ourselves in a Thai country and western bar and drank all their Heineken.

More rugby

Coudn't resist putting this photo in cos it's just such a beauty!

• Intro Updated Jul 19, 2006

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Happy Birthday

• kandoi's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Happy Birthday

• Feb 16, 2009 at 2:32 AM

hi! there lucky u to be in such a fab place! anyway coming myself to see and feel the wonders,,i need some confidentials info from you ,,keep in touch by replying , thanks

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Hey Nick! A bloody age since I've seen you online! Hi!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Rugby for me, but not in Thai heat.

• Oct 24, 2008 at 7:19 AM

HI, I've never been to Thailand and looking around on INternet found your page. Going to Thailand in Nov and don't know a sole there and no idea where to go. Thinking of going to Khon Kaen but wondering how long it takes to get there and the cost.

• ricky52's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 2:52 PM

What! There are cricket teams in Thailand?

• f8stop's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 8:01 AM

hi nick! thanks for taking the time to reply to my post in the bkk forum. and i also found other useful info from your bkk pages. keep 'em coming! =)

• Jun 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Every time I come across your page, I think, that is one lucky guy living it up in Thailand. Great pics.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!