"My sad little world" expatbangkok's Profile
Here's your chance to experience real Thai culture. Get up at the crack of dawn, feed the pigs, spend 10 back-breaking hours in the rice field with a 10 minute break for kapow moo (pork with basil), then cool off with a dip in the pond.
Every October Bangkok hosts an International Rugby 7's competition with teams from all over the world. The atmosphere is fantastic, fueled by 100's of litres of Heineken.
Ayuthaya has lots of lovely temples, but I find them a little bit boring. So when we go to Ayuthaya we stay at the Krungsri River hotel which boasts a bowling alley in the basement. Not typical Thai culture, but excellent fun.
Not many people travel to Nakhon Sawan cos, quite frankly, there is very little to do. Food by the river is quite nice and the city is comparatively clean.
Yet another place not on the tourist map. I found a hotel right next to the river with little paddle boats tied to a river boat. My pommie friend Slats pinched one boat and went for a paddle.
There was very little to do in town so we parked ourselves in a Thai country and western bar and drank all their Heineken.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 31 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: It's safe to go Bangkok? "
- expatbangkok and freddie18 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Thai tailors...don't bother about Raja's Tailors in Bangkok Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Unlike any other place in Thailand"
- updated a Phetchabun Travel Page "Unlike any other place in Thailand"
- Commented on one of junecorlett's Phuket travel pages
updated their Profile Page "My sad little world"
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 3 photos
- Thailand 7 reviews
- Pattaya Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Phuket Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Hua Hin Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand 3 reviews
- Burma Intro, 3 photos
- Krabi Intro, 3 photos
- Phetchabun Intro, 3 photos
- Asia 1 review