"Alacati - An Aegean Beauty" Alacati by mehbos37
Alacati Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 198 photos
Located 80 km southwest of Izmir, Alacati is one of the best places to go while traveling Turkey.
The town is originally erected by guest Greek workers from Chios island in 1850 s. After the exchange of Greek-Turkish populations , many Turks from Northern Greece settled there.
Now, Alacati is a wonderful place where you can find the incredible Greek-Turkish mixed culture.
It is a few away from coast ,but also very famous with her Alacati bay among surfers of the world.The bay is like a very big natural pool with strong waves.
Alacati -Cesme area has tons of beaches and clubs..
Fun Club is my favourite. The sea is like tropics..
It is 15 minutes drive from Alacati and located at Altinkum beaches.
The hotel is one of the best boutique hotels I've ever seen.
An old stone mansion from 1800s was renovated by a tasteful Istanbulian businesswoman who decided to quit her career and settle to Alacati.
- Pros:One of the most original Greco-Turkish towns..
- Cons:None..But better rent a car to enjoy the beaches...
Alacati has an incredible advantage for surfers.. Unstopping wind, shallow and clean water and a huge pool like natural... more travel advice
mehbos37's Related Pages
Alacati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alacati was a big surprise"
- "Alacati - An Aegean Beauty"
- "SURF & RELAX & SURF & RELAX....."
- "Entering 2007 at Alacati"
- "SURFERS' TOWN ALACATI"
- "a charming village near Cesme"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alacati
- Hotels in Alacati
- Transportation in Alacati
- Nightlife in Alacati
- Restaurants in Alacati
- Shopping in Alacati
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alacati
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Alacati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alacati
Top 5 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Ili Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alacati Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos