"EDINGBURGH: THE MAGICAL CITY" Edinburgh by xanaia

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,943 photos

I went to Edinburgh when I was 19 and was an Erasmus student at the University of Hull. The International Student Association had organised a trip to this city and I couldn't miss it. I think it is one of the most beautiful cities where I have been to, although that goes without saying that every place has its own charm that makes it different from another one. We stayed at a hostel that was located at the very end of the main street (Queen something) that crosses Edinburgh from north to south. It was great!! It was a very old fashioned building from the outside but the inside was great. The walls had been painted with graffiti, there was a stage in the main living room where the cafeteria was and every night there was a little concert by some local group, the rooms had bunk beds (at least 20 people per room), and the owners made us felt as if we were in our own house, or better than that!! Moreover, it coincided that one of the nights that we stayed there was Halloween and the hostel threw a big party. We didn't have fancy dresses so we bought big black rubbish bags and made some kind of strange dresses with them. I sweat so much that night!!! I fell in love with Edinburgh nightlife. There were so many pubs and bars?. It was a great trip.

If you go to Edinburgh you can't miss the castle from where you can have a very good sight of the city. It's like going back to medieval times.

• Last visit to Edinburgh: Nov 1999
  • Intro Updated Jun 2, 2004

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 9:42 AM

hello from Scotland - We are just back from Andalucia - but next time I want to visit your part of north Spain, very much. Now want to learn Spanish ;-)

xanaia

“What makes a desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well”

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh