"EDINGBURGH: THE MAGICAL CITY" Edinburgh by xanaia
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,447 reviews and 6,931 photos
I went to Edinburgh when I was 19 and was an Erasmus student at the University of Hull. The International Student Association had organised a trip to this city and I couldn't miss it. I think it is one of the most beautiful cities where I have been to, although that goes without saying that every place has its own charm that makes it different from another one. We stayed at a hostel that was located at the very end of the main street (Queen something) that crosses Edinburgh from north to south. It was great!! It was a very old fashioned building from the outside but the inside was great. The walls had been painted with graffiti, there was a stage in the main living room where the cafeteria was and every night there was a little concert by some local group, the rooms had bunk beds (at least 20 people per room), and the owners made us felt as if we were in our own house, or better than that!! Moreover, it coincided that one of the nights that we stayed there was Halloween and the hostel threw a big party. We didn't have fancy dresses so we bought big black rubbish bags and made some kind of strange dresses with them. I sweat so much that night!!! I fell in love with Edinburgh nightlife. There were so many pubs and bars?. It was a great trip.
If you go to Edinburgh you can't miss the castle from where you can have a very good sight of the city. It's like going back to medieval times.
xanaia's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
Top 5 Pages
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baton Rouge Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue