"Welcome to Erin's Travel Journals!" Erin74's Profile
*I joined VT in 2003 and am still in the process of documenting my travels and adding photos. Thanks for all the feedback and advice!
~* California Dreaming *~
I grew up in California, and did a lot of traveling as a child. My parents were teachers (with summers off), and every June they'd pack my brothers and me into the car and we'd just drive. By the time I was 11, I'd been to every state in the Continental U.S., visited every National Park and experienced some very unique things. I've always loved seeing new places and trying new things, as a result.
My travel has to be coordinated around my vacation days at work... so I'm limited as to how much time I can spend away right now. I hope that the upcoming years will give me more opportunities to see the world!
~* Travel Plans *~
My last trips were to France in April 2004 and Boston in September 2004.
I was in Paris for 6 days (with day trips to Chartres and Versailles). From there I went on to Chateau-Thierry, Reims, and even briefly into Belguim and Luxembourg. I've posted most of my photos and tips from that incredible trip.
I went to Boston in September 2004. It's one of my favorite cities and I was thrilled to be back there. I also went to Vermont for a couple of days on that trip and saw some colorful Fall leaves.
Also took a great post-Christmas trip to Seattle, my fiance's hometown. New Year's Eve in Seattle is a lot of fun.
2003 was a busy travel year for me. I went to Italy (Rome and the Amalfi Coast), Seattle, and Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) in the span of three months. I've added lots of tips and photos to my Hawaii and Italy pages. Check them out!
Up next? Well, I'm getting married in October 2005 and we've decided to honeymoon in Europe. We'll be going to Paris, the Loire Valley, Bruges in Belgium and then onto Amsterdam. We also have to attend a wedding in Kauai in November 2005. Can't wait to go back to Hawaii!
~* My Favorite Things *~
Favorite European city (so far): Paris
Favorite American city: (tie) San Francisco and Boston
Favorite National Park: Yellowstone
Favorite Churches: St. Paul's (London), Chartres (France) and St. Patrick's (New York City)
Favorite Los Angeles area escapes: Catalina Island, Laguna Beach, Big Bear Lake, Hearst Castle.
I've added most of the information about my trip to France in 2004. I took some great photos while I was there. Hopefully I'll get all of them online one of these days.
I've added the photos from my Hawaii trip, along with lots of tips. Check out my Maui and Oahu pages for details!
I also have photos and tips up from two local destinations, Big Bear Lake and Joshua Tree National Park. These are perfect weekend getaways for Californians!
Big Bear is in the San Bernadino Mountains, about 2-3 hours northeast of L.A. and one of my favorite places to spend a weekend. Check out my new Big Bear page!
Joshua Tree is an amazing desertscape, filled with rock formations, open expanses and those ever-popular Joshua Trees. Take a look at some of the great photos from this trip!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 304 Reviews
- 285 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Erin74 and misscleopatra are now friends.
- updated a Los Angeles Travel Page "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Erin's Travel Journals!"
- Wrote a Review Positano's City Hall about Walking and Hiking in Positano Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Photos of Fireworks at the Space Needle"
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: LA- Three is a Charm!"
- Commented on one of matcrazy1's Oceanside travel pages
PhotosSee All Photos (285)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 64 reviews, 46 photos
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 33 reviews, 22 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 16 photos
- Seattle Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos