"A childhood dream" Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park by laughingsun69
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 510 photos
This is the stuff that dreams are made of and for me it was a child hood dream , i love animals and to see them in there natural state was something else.Basically i was gob smacked the whole trip, i traveled with my sister tara whom id only met in my early twenties so this trip meant alot to me in so many ways . Africa is hard to describe in words it can be spiritually up lifting and your worst nightmare i love it and to me the serengeti was a big highlight of this adventure ..
One of the main reasons i came here was to see animals in there natural state and not cooped up in a zoo, i wasnt dissapointed you just never know what your going to see next.The only animal that proved to abit elusive was the leopard which is part of there nature to live secret lives shall we say but nyou could be lucky and see one .
We did run into other people doing the same thing but there wasnt many, you can pretty well avoid seeing other people entirely if you want the place is so big, theres certain rules installed for the protection of you and the animals which is good to know .The wildlife here will touch your heart and leave you wanting more of course evryone has there own experience and the highlight of that maybe making eye contact with your favourite animal,personally i have no favourites there all gods creatures struggling to survive in a changing world its up to us to do what we can .
- Pros:Its a wildlife extravaganza
- In a nutshell:you wont want to leave its timeless
Clean water is essential to your health whilst in africa dont ever assume that water is safe and this also applies... more travel advice
Off course upon coming to the serengetti you have to get yourself a guide and 4wd and get out amongst it ,i recomend... more travel advice
laughingsun69's Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
- updated a Serengeti National Park Travel Page "A childhood dream"
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Travelling to Krakow in "June""
- Uploaded a Photo to "out and about"
- Commented on one of inuit's Serengeti National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Clean water in Serengeti National Park What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ngongoro Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malawi Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mount Isa Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Katherine Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue