"A childhood dream" Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park by laughingsun69

Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 497 photos

I dreamed of africa

This is the stuff that dreams are made of and for me it was a child hood dream , i love animals and to see them in there natural state was something else.Basically i was gob smacked the whole trip, i traveled with my sister tara whom id only met in my early twenties so this trip meant alot to me in so many ways . Africa is hard to describe in words it can be spiritually up lifting and your worst nightmare i love it and to me the serengeti was a big highlight of this adventure ..

One of the main reasons i came here was to see animals in there natural state and not cooped up in a zoo, i wasnt dissapointed you just never know what your going to see next.The only animal that proved to abit elusive was the leopard which is part of there nature to live secret lives shall we say but nyou could be lucky and see one .

We did run into other people doing the same thing but there wasnt many, you can pretty well avoid seeing other people entirely if you want the place is so big, theres certain rules installed for the protection of you and the animals which is good to know .The wildlife here will touch your heart and leave you wanting more of course evryone has there own experience and the highlight of that maybe making eye contact with your favourite animal,personally i have no favourites there all gods creatures struggling to survive in a changing world its up to us to do what we can .

• Pros:Its a wildlife extravaganza
  • In a nutshell:you wont want to leave its timeless
  • Last visit to Serengeti National Park: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 6:14 AM

Dave, your description is awesome! Thanks, mate!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 10:35 AM

Thanx for sharing your experiences. GRTZ from Belgium

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 4:05 PM

very nice poetry-loaded intro

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 12:40 PM

envious of the tribe? ... the same happend to me :)) very nice pics...

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 1:17 AM

Love this page Dave - a safari was always my dream and finally got to do it in Tsavo NP. Something very special about them, no? Great photos.

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 12:36 PM

:-) Keep it on!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Well done page.

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2004 at 12:15 AM

Dave, thanks for the "heads up." You seem to have had a great time. Anne & I are off to Africa in 8 weeks. Can't wait. Must remember the toilet paper!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 2:30 AM

Wow, the trip of a lifetime for sure mate. I too dreamed of this as a kid, but you turned it into reality. Good on you Dave & thanks for sharing your experiences.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 9:38 PM

I enjoyed reading your page, Loved your photos..................What a wonderful experience you had! Happy Travels (~_~)

laughingsun69

“a visitor is a gift from god”

Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park

Have you been to Serengeti National Park?

Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park