"The Gulf country." Mount Isa by laughingsun69
Mount Isa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos
Hi i recently discovered i had relatives at gregory downs so i thought id pay them a visit ,it was a very enjoyable experience in lots of ways .It turns out my incle Elton owns a cattle station here thats 450 square kms and he runs approx 10,000 head of cattle give or take a 1000 as cattle rustling still happens in these parts ,considering it can take you a day to get to some of the most extreme perimeters, we know its happening but we more or less have to catch them red handed to proof it and also have to be careful not to confront them alone or theres a good chance youll end up as road kill.
Hi to pass through this town in the day you could be forgiven in thinking that no one lives here ,but come friday night people come in from the surrounding cattle stations to let there hair hang down,well thats an understatement they go crazy !
- Pros:friendly people great wildlife
- Cons:can get very humid in summer
- In a nutshell:beers, bundi rum,barra fishing in the gulf country;)
Hi alot of us aussies use swags ,which are basically a tough canvas envolope with a light mattress sown into the lining... more travel advice
If swimming always take note of warning signs for crocodiles,and even with out signs proceed with caution never take any... more travel advice
laughingsun69's Related Pages
Mount Isa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You are not a real Aussie 'til you've been to Isa"
- "The Gulf country."
- "The Isa"
- "You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to......"
- "As Out Back as it Gets"
- "Copper mine"
- "Queensland's Mineral Wealth. Mt Isa."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Isa
- Hotels in Mount Isa
- Transportation in Mount Isa
- Nightlife in Mount Isa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Isa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Isa
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mount Isa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Isa
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ngongoro Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malawi Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mount Isa Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Katherine Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue