"Beautiful small island" Alderney by RiinaK
Alderney Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 86 photos
As we went to Jersey last year and found it a nice area, ideas grew to explore also other Channel islands. First taking the flight from Stansted to Guernsey followed by the flight to Alderney about which you will find more information under tips :)
Alderney is the third largest of the Channel islands. Though it is still very small. Roughly 3,5 long and by 1,5 wide. It is about 2 000 acres and it is situated in the mouth of Channel. Around 9 miles due West of Cap de la Hague in Normandy. Alderney is surrounded by dazzling, golden, sandy bays and clear seas. Many of the Alderney beaches are good for watersports. It is nice to go bird watching also. As the island is not far from France in clear weather day it may be seen from the island
There are regular flights to Alderney from Southhampton, Bournemouth, Brighton, Jersey and Guernsey. The planes going... more travel advice
The restaurant we popped into on our first and our last night in Alderney was this Indian place. The food that was... more travel advice
RiinaK's Related Pages
Alderney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small, but perfectly formed"
- "Beautiful small island"
- "Alderney - my favourite Channel Island"
- "Sailing to Alderney"
- "Alderney - one of my favourite places"
- "Alderney or Aurigny"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alderney
- Hotels in Alderney
- Transportation in Alderney
- Restaurants in Alderney
- Shopping in Alderney
- Warnings and Dangers in Alderney
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alderney
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alderney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alderney
Photos in AlderneySee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Alderney Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Kihnu Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Santiago Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Bilbao Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Muhu Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Egypt Intro, 3 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 3 photos