"Welcome to Durban" Top 5 Page for this destination Durban by GerryFM

Durban Travel Guide: 424 reviews and 851 photos

Durban, South Africa's playground, is situated on the east coast of South Africa.

An hours flight from Johannesburg (where most International flights arrive) and a two hour flight from Cape Town.

Durban is popular with both local and international travellers, as our climate stays constant throughout the year, and is great for working on that tan.

We have plenty of top quality hotels and there are also loads of good quality bed and breakfast establishments, as well as youth hostels.

Durban people are generally quite friendly and hospitable and love welcoming people from all parts of the world

Durban CBD, is like any other bustling city centre, except that it generally quite dirty.

But not too bad. Nothing to exciting to see or do here though.

Our City hall is quite and attractive colonial building, and was modelled on the Belfast City Hall in Northern Ireland

• Intro Updated Oct 30, 2003

• May 9, 2009 at 11:36 PM

The mouth is watering already. Live in Thailand, but missing a 'real curry'. I m looking forward to buying spices etc to take back with me.

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 12:03 AM

I really enjoyed your Durban pages -- great job!! I'll be transiting through South Africa in January and will unfortunately only have a few days :( Still trying to decide where to go?? Cape Town? Johannesburg? Durban? Any suggestions?? :) Thanks, Brian

• Aug 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Club 54 now has a website at www.club-fifty-four.blogspot.com where you can find upcoming party info, drink specials and loads of photos. Have a squiz.

• aramat's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Good page - I'm going to Durban in July and I'm very much looking forward to it! :)

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Nice photos and tips! Durban looks attractive.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 9:36 AM

Sounds like Durban has it all. I am not sure why anyone would be looking at the horse with the object of your picture in sight, however ;-\

• May 20, 2005 at 5:28 AM

hi gerry, informative tips but i need to know prices of each sport activity, very good pictures..wish to visit Durban someday. I've been to CT and JHB tho. South Africa is stunning. Salaam from Saudi Arabia:^)

• netbean's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 3:29 AM

I plan to visit Durban, your pics is wonderful, i like Durban.

• acrijk's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 7:20 AM

Happy belated birthday! I guess that's the day greatness was spawned!

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 11:37 AM

fantastic page, many things to do in Durban!

GerryFM Lives Here!