"A warm welcome to Durban" GerryFM's Profile
Welcome to Durban in sunny South Africa!!!
I have been living in Durban since the age of two, and have travelled extensively, but always enjoy coming home to this laid back and relaxed city.
Durban is a coastal city on the Indian Ocean and is known for its great beaches, beach culture and beach sports. It hosts a huge Beach Event every July called "Beach Africa" which is visited by over 1 million people during the two weeks of events.
3 hours north of Durban by car, and you are in the bush, at Hluhluwe Game Reserve (pronounced shoo-shloo - we), and the chance to spot the famous Big Five in their natuaral environment. There is no better weekend relaxer than packing up the kids and spending a weekend in the bush with the sounds of nature, the roar of the lions, the laugh of a hyena and the cry of a fish eagle!!!!
I will gradually update these pages, as I have just joined up, but would love to hear from you.
Durban is one of South Africa's favourite holiday destinations, and a perfect place to kick your feet up and relax...... no matter where you may be!!!
Durban has the largest and busiest harbour on the African continent, and one can often see up to 50 ships queing out at sea, waiting to come into shore.
Good spot to enjoy a "Booze Cruise" as well !!!
The Golden Mile in Durban, is a hive of activity on weekends and during the holiday seasons, and of course the Beach Africa Festival.
Lots to see and do here, including pubs, resaurants, swimming pools, beaches, flea markets, running and cycling and more ......
Since transition from the aparthied era, South Africa has become known as the Rainbow Nation.
This is evident in Durban especially, where you will find people of different races, creeds and religious beliefs all living in harmony.
We are friendly and warm and always try to be accommodating.
Picture it ....... in the wild bush of Africa, around a campsite, with meat sizzling away on the bbq, sipping a cocktail, listing to lions roaring in the distance and the laugh of the hyena ..... watching the sun setting in the horison .... this is what I was doing when I took this photo!!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 92 Reviews
- 182 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- GerryFM and Travelchili are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "My family!!"
updated their Personal Page "My family!!"
- Commented on tarryn_jean's profile page
- updated a Lake Saint Lucia Travel Page "Greater St Lucia Wetlands"
- Wrote a Review Soweto about Soweto in Johannesburg Things to Do
PhotosSee All Photos (182)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Sun City Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hluhluwe Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mombasa Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Johannesburg Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bloemfontein Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 photo