"Winter in Beijing" Beijing by tuff
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,338 reviews and 15,979 photos
Beijing is a city full of history, magnificent sites, modern buildings, friendly people and unfortunately, air pollution, especially in winter time where the fog moves in from the north in combination with coal burning for heating in winter. Winter in Beijing is cold, some of the attractions are under renovation, some of the tours were not in operation in winter. The upside is none of the places I visited were crowed. However, I am sure it will be crowed during the Chinese New Year Holidays which is around early February. Beijing is a lively city with so much to do, to eat, to enjoy, and I wish I could spend more time here.
It's not forbidden anymore. This is the former palace turned into museum, it's a huge complex with incredible... more travel advice
This is the place where the emperor prayed for good harvest every year. It contains a series of halls and gardens and an... more travel advice
tuff's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 15 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Saint John Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Halifax Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.