"Ancient Water Town" Fengjing by tuff
Fengjing Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Fengjing is another ancient water town with over 1500 years of history, its bridges and water ways are an indication of a typical Jing Nan water town, walks are built along the rivers and people are making their living off from the rivers. Unlike other water towns, most of the houses in Fengjing are still occupied with residents, so it’s not as touristy as others. Local business such as barber shops, keys made, clobbers are along the walkways as the locals are doing their daily business.
Locals are enjoying the sunshine in front of a temple, check out the stone craving on the back wall, all the characters meant longevity; just different ways for writing it.
Local chess players were playing chess inside the courtyard, and apparently chess is a real tradition in this part of... more travel advice
tuff's Related Pages
Fengjing Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fengjing
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fengjing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fengjing
Photos in FengjingSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Saint John Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Halifax Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.