"Quick escape from Shanghai metropolitan" Zhujiajiao by tuff
Zhujiajiao Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 98 photos
It was said that to visit Zhujiajaio without seeing the bridges menas that you have not really been to Zhujiajiao at all. Bridges in town are distinctive and old, built with different shapes and styles, from wooden to stone to marble during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. I am told that there are about a thousand buildings and with a total of 36 bridges in connected within this water town.
Traveling in winter time is great, as there were very few tourists especially early in the morning, this town was fairly touristy with a lot of the houses turned into cafes or tea houses with seating along the waterway, I can imagine this was quite nice during summer time as long as the weather was not too hot. Of course, the local famous food and restaurants are everywhere and hawkers are outside and try to get you into their restaurant as you walk by. Most of the streets along the waterway are paved with stone, and some of them are ancient with cravings. There are many bridges and red lanterns along the water ways with lots of opportunities for nice pictures as long as you can avoid the ?park anywhere? motorcycles.
?Fangsheng bridge? (setting-fish-free bridge), this bridge is the longest stone bridge, with five openings and it was built in 1571. People can purchase some fish from the venders; (and they are all old ladies) then you release the fish back into the cannel. I suspected that these are the same fish being caught and released again and again.
Visit the temple and tie your wish to the wishing tree. more travel advice
tuff's Related Pages
Zhujiajiao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Follow me to explore this village"
- "Nearest Water Village to Shanghai"
- "Quick escape from Shanghai metropolitan"
- "I know all about Zhujiajiao - I live here!"
- "The Venice of China - Zhujiajiao!"
- "Ancient town "Zhu Jia Jiao""
- "Travel Notes from Zhujiajiao"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhujiajiao
- Hotels in Zhujiajiao
- Transportation in Zhujiajiao
- Nightlife in Zhujiajiao
- Restaurants in Zhujiajiao
- Shopping in Zhujiajiao
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhujiajiao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhujiajiao
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Zhujiajiao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhujiajiao
Photos in ZhujiajiaoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Saint John Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.