"Ha Long Bay" Ha Long by tuff
Ha Long Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 37 photos
Ha Long Bay is a world heritage UNESCO site and it contains 1969 islands within 1553 square kilometers. The scenery on a boat tour toward the islands was very impressive, upon close up to the limestone formations. It’s comparable with Guilin, China. One thing that does not fit in this picturesque scenery was there were many cargo ships and barges sailing in the area.
Visit the cave in Ha Long Bay via one of the boat tour (US$3 admission). The cave was huge and unfortunately it was very crowed with so many tour groups when I was there. I believe this cave was used as a hide out during the war. The cave contained different “rooms”, underground spring and a small geyser
When we exited on the other end of the cave, there were probably 30 boars out there and they were in layers, I have no idea of how some of these boats could get out even our boat was boxed in also. Apparently it was a piece of cake for the boat to move out. Somehow the boat operator managed to move his boat out without problems. As we say goodbye to the cave, we passed by several formations that looked like dog, chicken, etc.
Ha Long Night Market, which opens on daytime for the cruise ship. All the stalls at the market sell pretty much the same... more travel advice
tuff's Related Pages
Ha Long Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MISTY AND MYSTERIOUS HALONG BAY"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- "Ha Long Bay, Vietnam"
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ha Long
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ha Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ha Long
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Saint John Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Halifax Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.