"Charming Small Town" Chiu-fen by tuff
Chiu-fen Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
This small village was once a busting place for gold mining during the Japanese occupation. After the gold rush, it became a sleepy town again until a movie was made in the late 90’s using Jiufen as a backdrop, Jiufen was re-discovered again. Shuchi Road; with a long set of stairs, stop by and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in one of these tea houses. Some of these tea houses offer an amazing view of the valley and ocean beyond.
The main street of Jiufen is Jishan Street which is a narrow street with shops on both sides, there are all kinds of shops with snacks of local Taiwanese products.
Gold Ecological Park is Jinguashi’s showcase, it contains various buildings with exhibits from the gold mining period... more travel advice
tuff's Related Pages
Chiu-fen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chiu Feng"
- "Charming Small Town"
- "Small Gold Mining Town with Big Name"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiu-fen
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chiu-fen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiu-fen
Photos in Chiu-fenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Saint John Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Halifax Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.