"“I have a dream…..” Martin Luther King Jr." tuff's Profile

My dream is to visit all the exotic places that I have heard or read about, but life is too short to accomplish all my desires so I just have to do what I can and while I still can.

I like to travel without an organized tour group, but with flexible itinerary so I can take my time on any particular attraction without being hurry back onto the bus.

Wondering around foreign places without tour guide does have its drawbacks, such as transportation and lodging. However, that is part of the travel experience that you cannot get with an organized tour as there are many surprises as well as disappointments when you are traveling on your own.

I try to do as much research as possible before leaving home. However, nothing can prepare me with the local customs. I have learned to leave my “standards” at home any try to become a local and enjoy what that country has to offer while I travel. This is an entire different experience as some of the local customs are real eye openers.

I am not going to bore you with the places I have visited, but I will tell you the places I wanted to visit in the near future:

Machu Picchu, Peru
Harbin, Zhengjijie and Jiu Zhai Gou, China
Kusatsu, Japan

On one of your traveling days, if you happen to see a person wandering around without an organized tour group in any of the places mentioned above, this could be me; fulfilling my dreams….

• Intro Updated Oct 27, 2013

• Oct 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM

thanks I try it

• piglet44's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM

thanks for stopping by my Beijing page,tuff. Your homepage pic is beautiful!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM

greetings from nz

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Hi again!Cant wait to see your pics of the Wall in snow...! And could you tell me how much it cost you from Huairou to Mutianyu and how long it took?!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 8:47 AM

I hope you will be in Greece during Easter next year! I'm glad you found my Athens tips useful. I eat at Chinese restaurants everywhere I travel in the world, and I don't like Greek food anyway.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Thanks for your kind comment on my San Diego page! Glad the tips seem helpful to you.

• Vita500's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 1:21 AM

Hi tuff, thanks for your comment on my Hong Kong page. I'm sure there are more than 60 signs... just the question where to find them. ;-) If you know any, pls let me know. Cheers, Robert

• heywinks's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 1:39 PM

I just went to the De Young Museum and Japanese Tea Garden too! Just last month!! :)

• perseushermes's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2006 at 7:45 AM

Interesting Tokyo page. nice!

• xingfa's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 6:49 AM

It is so wonderful that my info are helpful for you!Cheers!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!