"A business trip to Nigeria" Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria by tashka

Nigeria Travel Guide: 515 reviews and 1,066 photos

It was a three-day business trip, where I was interpreting for the delegation of the company I work for. I was actually afraid to go as I heard a lot of scary things about the country, but at the same time I did not want to miss the chance to visit Nigeria, since it's next to impossible for me to go there as a tourist.

We arrived in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria and spent all three days there.
First of all I was surprised that it was not hot there. The skies were cloudy and the weather reminded me very much of summer weather in Moscow!

Generally, I believe the country has a great potential. I hope it will finally resolve the security issues and everyone will be able to see the beauty of Nigeria. Nature is really colorful here, the views are great, and that's even with the fact that I did not visit the coast!

I must confess, that even when we left our hotel, we left it in a car. I wanted to venture outside for a walk, but no one from our delegation agreed to accompany me, and I didn't feel comfortable to go alone. :(

• Pros:Beautiful nature, nice climate
  • Cons:Security problems
  • Last visit to Nigeria: Jul 2004
  • Intro Written Feb 25, 2006

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 3:21 AM

you travelled in very nice conditions ; you should have taken a walk in downtown overpopulated Lagos, alone at night, wearing shorts , hahaha

• Malopolanin2006's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 1:54 PM

very interesting places you visited. I am interested what are your impressions from new capitals: Abuja and Astane. Strange cities? regards

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Very interesting page!!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 8:35 AM

A balanced view, am glad you did visit. Next time, venture out and you 'll see that nobody will pay any extra attention. Excellent page.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 12:44 AM

What an adventure! Aren't you glad you got to go? Thanks for a fine page!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Natalia, thanks for letting me know you made this lovely page of your stay in Abuja. Interesting to read your tips.

tashka

“My home is where my suitcase is.”

Badges & Stats in Nigeria

Have you been to Nigeria?

Latest Activity in Nigeria