"Long You'll Live and High You'll Fly....." Jabberjenn's Profile

An interesting place to visit in Japan is the Toei Movie Land, located in Kyoto, Japan. In the park, numerous movies and over 200 television dramas are filmed every year. After watching a Ninja swordfight at the movie land's outdoor set, I captured this shot of a local Japanese girl dressed in traditional geisha clothing.

Beautiful beaches, wonderful seafood, amazing sunsets. What could be better?

As a born-and-bred Jersey Girl, I feel as if I spent my life at the Jersey shore. But when you compare the east and west coast, California truly has the right idea. Their ability to embrace the shoreline and keep the beaches free from over-developed high-rise buildings truly makes California unique. However, nothing will take away my love for the Jersey shore and my love for the east coast!

The most wonderful aspect about Japanese culture is their unique ability to treat visitors with respect and friendship. While shopping at the Nakamise Shopping Street, I was approached by this Japanese student, Ichidai. He was on a field trip with his class, and each student had to approach American tourists, introduce themselves, and ask a series of 10 questions in English. Ichidai's genuine interest in my answers, his amazing sense of humor, and his curiosity about America made our meeting truly heart-warming. Friendship is a special gift that we need to cherish with everyone. We share this earth...share the skies...share the clouds and the moon and the sun. How wonderful our world would be if we all learned to love each member of our global society.

What a view! Atami boasts a wonderful waterfront hotel, the Atami Korakuen Hotel. When I peered outside the window of my Japanese-style room, I felt compelled to snap a photo of the amazing view. Japan has so many diverse landscapes...lush rolling hills, busy city skylines, and of course, stunning waterfront scenes. Japan indeed is a remarkable, breath-taking country.

• Intro Updated Feb 9, 2004

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Jabberjenn

“All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be... (Pink Floyd)”

Real Name